Pets need dental care, too!
Dental disease is a common healthcare problem among dogs and cats. Periodontal infection, loose teeth and gingivitis can contribute to a variety of ailments among pets such as heart, liver and kidney illnesses. The veterinarian at Pet Paradise Animal Hospital will examine your dog or cat mouth and offer comprehensive dental treatments such as cleaning, polishing, tooth extraction and oral surgery to promote and restore dental health.
At Pet Paradise Animal Hospital & Resort, we recommend professional dental cleaning 1 to 2 times per year depending on pet's dental condition.
How we clean your pet's teeth?
- General Anesthesia is necessary in all cases for us to do a thorough dental examination and professional cleaning. Our veterinarian uses only the safest anesthesia protocols.
- A Complete Dental Exam is performed by the veterinarian before we begin any dental procedure.
- Ultrasonic and hand scaling removes plaque and tartar above and below the gum line.
- Polishing smoothes the surface of the teeth after scaling, making teeth resistant to additional plaque formation.
- A Fluoride Treatment is applied at the end of your pet dental cleaning to limit plaque and tartar buildup.